|Aurora 5 has the most complete and advanced set of tests that can perform at unrivalled speed and with a high accuracy. Our focus on minimizing false positives and a high degree of correlation to human perception means that our test reports highlight just the issues you need to address. As of April 2015 Aurora 5 offers the following tests:
- Video Essence Tests: Aurora 5 video essence tests include Macroblock Noise, Up-conversion, Comb Artifacts, Field Order Swaps, Tape/Digital Hits, Perceptual & Film Artifacts, Black/Freeze Frames, Letterboxing/Pillarboxing, Color Bars, PSE/Flash Detection (Harding FPA), and Cadence Change.
- Audio Essence Tests: Silence, Drop-outs, Peaks (dBTP, PPM, dBFS), Average Levels (R128, ATSC, ARIB), Clipping, Snaps/Clicks/Pops, Test Tones, Phase Swaps and Hiss/Hum. Use Audio Service Map to process AES wrapped tracks or have mono channel audio essence tracks tested together.
- Metadata Tests: Container Syntax, Video Essence Syntax, Dolby Audio Syntax, Dolby E Guard Band Alignment, Caption Syntax, Container Essence Contents, Cross-Check Container-Essence, Rude Word Detection in Text, Start Timecode, Timecode Discontinuity, Video Resolution and Run-times.
- Fast DPP AS-11 Testing: The Tektronix DPP AS-11 packages bring together the unrivalled scalable speed of Aurora 5 with specialist functionality required for testing for AS-11 standard compliance. Two packages are available – one for testing a single file at a time, and another for testing 4 files simultaneously.
- AS-11 SHIM Analysis: Our AMWA Analysis plugin uses advanced software from our partner MetaGlue to test for the specific AS-11 metadata structure. We also include an instance of our Hydra Player in each package, enabling you to frame accurately review the file, add notes and take manual QC decisions - all of which are added to the QC test report.
- PSE Detection Options: To perform photosensitive epilepsy detection and reporting required by AS-11 we offer the choice of using our own Tektronix PSE Testing plugin (included as standard) or optionally using our Harding FPA plugin that includes software from our partner Cambridge Research.
- Automated Workflows: The Aurora 5 DPP AS-11 packages have built-in functionality to support automated workflows. Smart Test Plans can be configured to only apply the AS-11 tests to specific files based on the file attributes. A Decision Engine can be configured to implement different actions based on the AS-11 test results, such as moving files to different locations, and/or sending emails, and/or taking corrective actions.
- Systems Integration: The Aurora 5 DPP packages include our SOAP API that enables third party solutions to natively integrate this AS-11 compliance testing functionality into their solution workflows. Third party solution providers can use watch folders and the above built-in Aurora workflow functionality, or can implement higher value workflows using the Aurora API.